Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mix-and-Match Toe-Up's Finished

I finally took a picture of my Mix-and-Match Ribs socks and finished in time to start the March KAL, which is in the voting process right now and will be announced on Friday!
These are the best toe up socks that I have knit so far. I love the way they fit and have learned a couple of things. First, my prior attempts at toe-up's have been to loose on my foot and the other issue has been the placement of the heel, usually started to soon and my sock was too short. Thanks to the worksheets for toes and heels in Chrissy Gardiner's Toe-Up! sock book, my socks fit GREAT.
Can't wait to find out which sock we will be knitting for March and the fun of choosing the perfect yarn!
On the other hand......I was trying out a stitch pattern for some cashmere sock yarn which I volunteered to design a pattern for and it's not working. The stitch pattern I had intended to use is not stretchy enough and caused the heel to be too tight. I can wear the socks, but the pattern will not see the light of day. Fortunately, the cashmere sock yarn has not arrived yet so, back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment