Saturday, February 6, 2010

Toe-Up!!


I joined the Toe-Up Knitters group on Ravelry founded by Chrissy Gardiner (and mods) which is based on her new book Toe-Up! I have knit 3 pairs of toe up socks in the past and because they don't fit well I revert back to the cuff down technique. The book has worksheets designed to help you modify different toe and heel applications to your own measurements based on your stitch and row gauge and encourages you to try different toes and heels to decide which ones fit your foot structure and which ones , not so well.

The February KAL is the Mix-and-Match Rib sock. I am making mine with Fortissima Colori on size U.S. 2 (2.75mm) needles using the two circ's method and my gauge is 8 sts and 11 rows per inch. I chose to do the Garter Rib version. Hoping to learn how to knit a great fitting toe up sock!!


No comments:

Post a Comment